There's a few parts to this so please pay attention and read carefully-
I am assembling a thank-you scrapbook as well as a video message for Kazuki Takahashi to present to him at San Diego Comic-Con and I am taking any and all submissions that follow the following guidelines:
Scrapbook present projectThe Thank-You Scrapbook is just that- a scrapbook that I will paste in any messages/artwork you guys send. There will only be ONE book. It is NOT a doujinshi and there will NOT be more copies and it is NOT for sale.
The following submissions will be accepted:
- SMALL SOFT NON-FRAGILE crafts, bookmarks, small plushes, small bags, etc. (please nothing over 6" in size)
- Handwritten letters/messages
- Typed messages (meaning type out a message/letter and I will print out)
- PHYSICAL FLAT Artworks (Not to exceed 8.5"x11"), can be traditional or digital. NO CANVAS PAINTINGS/ANYTHING THICKER THAN PAPER.
- DIGITAL Artworks (Not to exceed 8.5"x11") 300 dpi
- Photos of you/friends in yugioh-related cosplay with a message (please get photographer's permission if you need to!)
DO NOT SUBMIT:
- Anything made of glass or fragile materials.
- BL/GL other NSFW items including fanwork
- Non-Yugioh/Button/DRUMP/Advent Heroes (Works by Takahashi basically)
- anything not made 100% by you (meaning don't use or trace screenshots/etc)
HOW TO SUBMIT TO THE SCRAPBOOK:
FOR DIGITAL SUBMISSIONS:
Please submit the digital file in a high resolution to me to print out EITHER BY:
Linking on DeviantART (sta.sh) in a note/message (DO NOT REPLY HERE)
email to firstname.lastname@example.org SUBJECT: "Yugioh Scrapbook Project" (make sure your file is under 25mb)
FOR PHYSICAL ITEMS:
I will get a P.O. Box to submit items to. Please message me if you are interested in sending a physical item.
If you are attending FanimeCon (San Jose, CA May 22nd - 25th) OR AnimeEXPO (Los Angeles, CA July 2nd-5th) I can take any physical gifts there. Please find me at my Artist Alley table (Fanime: Artist Alley Table #226 (map at bottom) AnimeEXPO: TBA)
Special Video Message
I will be creating a VHS tape that contains the well wishes and thank yous of anyone who wishes to participate and present it in a box like this
For the video message:
- Any DIGITAL video file is accepted, MP4 is preferred.
- Must be less than 2 minutes
- Must be recorded in HORIZONTAL FORMAT (DON'T HOLD YOUR PHONE VERTICALLY AND RECORD NO SQUARE FORMAT EITHER I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH)
- Please no foul language.
- You may record your video in any language though keep in mind Takahashi mainly speaks Japanese. English is ok as I think there will probably be someone able to translate for him. If you speak Japanese it's ok to record your message in Japanese. 日本語はいいです！ Other languages may be difficult for him to understand.
What kind of message(s) should I make?
Anything you want showing thanks or appreciation or just even wishing Takahashi well! Maybe talk about how Yugioh has influenced you or helped you make friends, etc.
Keep in mind that this video WILL BE PUT ONLINE so please avoid any personal information that may compromise your security. (If you do not wish your video to be included in the online version please let me know)
HOW TO SUBMIT FOR THE VIDEO MESSAGE:
Email your video file as an attachment (or file link) to email@example.com SUBJECT: "Yugioh Video Project" (make sure your file is under 25mb)
If you are attending FanimeCon (San Jose, CA May 22nd - 25th) or AnimeEXPO I will be able to record your message there Please find me at my Artist Alley table to record! (Fanime: Artist Alley Table #226 (map at bottom) AnimeEXPO: TBA) Please note: Your message may not make it on the final VHS if recorded at AnimeEXPO but will be on the online video version.
DEADLINE FOR ALL MATERIALS IS JUNE 15TH. NO EXTENSIONS .
I need time to put everything together. Any questions please feel free to comment or message.
FEEL FREE TO COMMENT WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE FOR HIM!(I cannot promise I can ask them all nor will I be able to)
DON'T ASK ABOUT THINGS HE WOULDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT LIKE CARD GAME RELEASE/RULINGS ETC.
Fanimecon 2015:Anne and I will be tabling at #226
I will be taking any gifts for Takahashi and recording any thank you messages there.
I will also be hosting a Yugioh Cosplay Gathering (Saturday, 4pm location: g8c (if you're facing the convention center it's the shaded area to the left))