THIS IS NOT A CONTEST.
This year's Yugioh 5DXAL fancalendar is a bit different from previous years.
The idea is everyone is encouraged to submit work and all entries will be accepted.
The end product is a pdf with a cover and base 12-month calendar but all the entries will be included, so when people print it out they may choose which picture/entry they like most with which month!
The Calendar is 5DXAL themed, meaning you can draw from any Yugioh series (I encourage people to submit crossover art of 3 or all 4 series, though not necessary.)
This year's theme:
Yugioh characters/monster(s) playing a sport (can be swimming, baseball, olympics, etc) (please do NOT make this holiday-specific)
This is so people are not restricted to "monthly" themes.
- I encourage people to draw something new for this, however if you have an old deviation that *FITS* the theme, you may enter it as long as it's resized to the proper dimensions.
=The deadline for online submissions is
11:59PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME, DECEMBER 16TH, 2013 NO EXTENSIONS
Please NOTE me with your entry (as a link or thumbnail to your deviantART submission)
The finished PDF will be posted December 25th alongside the full calendar for download!
The end result is a calendar that people may download and print for their OWN PERSONAL USE. (please see Submission rules)
- One entry per person (If you want to change your submission/update before the deadline it is ok but it will replace the previous entry)
- New deviations preferred please!
- Please avoid using font/text on your entry (unless it is a typography art)
- International is ok!
- Please create/finalize your entry at a size of 8.5"x5.5" (the other half is the actual month, do not worry about the month/calendar), if possible 150-300 dpi
- Failure to format your entry in the correct dimensions will result in your entry being rejected. I will not resize/reformat your entry for you.
- At 300 dpi it should be 2550 x 1650 pixels (see the size of this :thumb270318504: )
- You still retain the rights to you artwork and may use it for your own prints, etc. However everyone else cannot print out for commercial use.
The following forms of art are be accepted:
- Digital Art
- Traditional Art
- Photography of crafts/sculptures/food (like a ygo cake or something)
- Writing (in any form (sorry, this isn't a fanfiction contest) except Typography*)
- Any use of Official Art/Art that is not yours (This includes tracing/eye tracing of official art)
- Porn/material that could be considered offensive (This calendar needs to be general family friendly.)
So I hope that will entice you guys to rev it up and join in, let's get those drawing tools and artsy things a-crackin!
Also, feel free to share this, the more the merrier